The truck cartel – secret price fixing by leading manufacturers
On 19 July 2016, the European Commission imposed fines on leading truck manufacturers Daimler, Volvo/Renault, Iveco, MAN and DAF (the “cartel members”). These manufacturers were found guilty of, through impermissible price fixing, having formed a cartel between 1997 and 2011 for medium and heavy trucks. On 27 September 2017, the European Commission also found that Scania had participated in the cartel and imposed a fine.
Together we will succeed: our coalition against the truck cartel.
Did you purchase or lease medium or heavy trucks from the truck cartel between 1997 and 2011? Then you most likely paid too much.
Based on a study commissioned by the European Commission some time ago, on average, international cartels resulted in damages in the amount of 20% of the purchase price. The exact damages must be determined by a recognised and reputable competition economist.
The truck cartel could also have led to higher prices for the period after 2011 as well as for trucks from manufacturers not involved in the cartel. This is already being examined by the competition economists commissioned by us.
Great reasons to register with financialright claims:
Our team and our expertise
financialright claims GmbH
Königsallee 60 F
Phone: +49 (0) 211 972602-00
Due to the bright interest in a 3. claim against the truck cartel, the deadline for registration was extented from 30.04.2019 to 31.05.2019. Therefore, please register until the end of May to be considered for the further claim.
The clear benefits of working with us include the following:
1. Strong team of experienced experts – In order to enforce your claims professionally and successfully, we work together with the prestigious law firm Hausfeld and Dr Roman Inderst, the renowned competition economist. They have considerable experience and an extraordinary reputation in this field, so that you can be supported in this effort by a strong team of experts.
2. Intelligent IT solutions – Through our efficient and specialised IT infrastructure, we can provide you with the best possible solution for enforcing your claims.
3. No risk of costs – We assume the enforcement of your claims on the basis of a pure success commission on the damages obtained. We bundle the claims of our customers. This allows many truck buyers to successfully enforce their claims, as we bear all the costs and risks.
As such, please note that you can only register vehicles acquired in the period from 01.04.2004 to 31.12.2016.
• Truck from 6 tonnes of permissible total weight
• Acquisition between 01.04.2004 and 2016
• New vehicles from the manufacturers Daimler, Volvo/Renault, MAN, Iveco, DAF and Scania
• Purchase, lease and hire purchase
Please note: For reasons of the period of limitations, only claims from 01.04.2004 onwards can be considered.
For such violations, the EU Commission imposed a monetary penalty of 2.927 billion euros against the cartel members. The manufacturer Scania had rejected the cartel allegations. Only MAN was able to achieve leniency from the fine, since the truck manufacturer, as a key witness, informed the Commission of the cartel.
On 27 September 2017, Scania was also subject to a fine of 880 million euros for impermissible price fixing. Scania contested the decision.
The duration as well as the result of the lawsuits are uncertain. Due to the size it will probably take several years.
About us – who is financialright claims?
We can put you on equal footing with the big corporations and enforce your rights. Our team of attorneys, software developers and database experts takes the law to a new level of quality for our customers – conveniently, professionally and without risk.
financialright claims was founded by Dr Sven Bode. Prior to this, with Dr Philipp Kadelbach, he founded flightright, the market leader in the enforcement of passenger rights services as known from TV & press, which has now helped over half a million people throughout Europe.